TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
YIELD: 6 servings.
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 20 fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
• 2 shallots, sliced
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1 skinned rotisserie chicken, shredded
• 3 cups torn romaine
• 2/3 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
• 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
• 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
• 3/4 cup pistachios, toasted
• 3/4 cup dried cranberries
• Fresh goat cheese, optional
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts and shallots; cook and stir until browned and tender, 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with salt; drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Cook 2-3 minutes, reducing liquid and stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
2. Combine chicken, romaine, red pepper and sun-dried tomatoes. Toss with Brussels sprouts mixture and balsamic vinaigrette.
Top with pistachios and dried cranberries; serve with goat cheese if desired.